Telegram, as a privacy-oriented messaging app, allows users to customize their privacy settings as per their preferences. While the app typically requests access to your phone contacts to find other Telegram users you know, you might want to use Telegram without giving it access to your contacts. This guide will walk you through how to do just that.
Revoking Access to Contacts
If you’ve already granted Telegram access to your Slovenia Telegram Number Data contacts and want to revoke it, follow these steps:
- On Android: Go to your device’s ‘Settings,’ then ‘Apps’ (or ‘App Manager’). Find ‘Telegram’ in the list, tap ‘Permissions,’ and then disable ‘Contacts.’
- On iOS: Go to your device’s ‘Settings,’ scroll down to find ‘Telegram’ in your app list, tap on it, then toggle off ‘Contacts.’
Preventing Telegram from Saving New Contacts
Even after denying access to your contacts, you can still manually add people on. However, by default, these new contacts get saved to your phone’s contact list. To prevent this:
- Open and go to ‘Settings.’
- Tap on ‘Privacy and Security.’
- Scroll down to find the ‘Data Settings’ section.
- Disable the ‘Sync Contacts’ option.
Adding Contacts Manually
To add contacts manually on Phone Number QA without syncing your phone’s contact list:
- Open and go to ‘Contacts’ in the menu.
- Tap on the add contact icon.
- Enter the person’s phone number (they need to be a user), and tap ‘Add to contacts.’
Telegram’s commitment to privacy makes it possible for you to use the app without granting it access to your contacts. By adjusting your device and app settings, you can control how interacts with your contacts, enabling you to maintain your privacy while enjoying the app’s communication features.